I'm super fussy when it comes to foundation. I need full coverage that doesn't look plastered on. Something that's dewy but mattefying and finally a foundation that doesn't leave me broke in the bank. Revlon Color Stay appealed to me for many reasons. First, my friend recommended it to me for oily skin which, as you all know, I suffer from. So instantly I knew I needed to check it out.

The packaging was also a big draw for me. The glass bottle is sturdy and much nicer looking than a plastic squeezable tube. Surprisingly, I actually like the fact that it has no pump. If feel like when you poor a foundation you have more control over how much you use. But maybe that's just me haha.

The foundation is meant to be for oily/combination skin. Normally, by half way through the day my make-up has worn off because of my oily skin and I have to powder up. Even though I still had shine with this foundation, I will admit it was to a far lesser extent and my make-up did stay on all day.

The colour I have is 220 Natural Beige which it really  is a perfect fit to my skin shade. It leaves the skin looking quite dewy when first applied, which I personally quite like.

All this being said, I do have one hang up. On the back it claims a lightweight feel, but for me it feels a little cakey on my skin. I wouldn't say it looked cakey at all but it just feels a little thick for my liking.

Overall, this is definitely I good product for oily skin. It offers full coverage and stays put. Even though you may need to powder through the day, I think it is more than likely that your make-up won't be going anywhere.
See u soon
Kay xxx

Review: Revlon Color Stay foundation

Posted on

Saturday 10 May 2014

2 Comments
  1. I have dry skin but I gave this one a try because I heard it was a better formula than the Normal/Combo version. Sadly, it didn't work for me. Just letting you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) You can head on over to http://boltblogs.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/liebster-award-qa/ on my blog to check it out. Can’t wait to read your answers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I've used this in the past but changed to MAC, I might try this again now, as I feel like my MAC one doesn't stay put all day!
    I just followed you on bloglovin, hopefully you can check out my blog :)
    Rachel | Amor of Beauty xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete